A little challenge…
Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
don’t try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
He’s the one who will keep you on track.
Don’t assume that you know it all.
Run to God! Run from evil!
Your body will glow with health,
your very bones will vibrate with life!
Honor God with everything you own;
give him the first and the best.
Your barns will burst,
your wine vats will brim over.
But don’t, dear friend, resent God’s discipline;
don’t sulk under his loving correction.
It’s the child he loves that God corrects;
a father’s delight is behind all this.
Something about reading this scripture just made my heart happy. I read it and thought this is the daily instruction/encouragement/invigorating morning cup o’ joe that I need. Think I will try an experiment…want to join me?
1. Post your name on my blog or FB page letting me know you are going to try it with me
2. Pull out a notebook or a napkin to jot some notes on, or just get your phone ready to hear what you have to say
3. Write this scripture out and put it somewhere you will see it everyday (maybe more than once)
4. Read it daily and ask God to enlighten you on it
5. Jot down thoughts you get or actions you take that have been affected by daily reading this scripture
6. Come back here and post whatever you feel like you want to share (as often as you want, but for sure in two weeks. (September 9th)
Who knows what will change. Could be you. Could be the way you parent. Could be a total surprise. Love to have you come along.